Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Landscapes-r-us, May 20, 2006.

1. Landscapes-r-us

Landscapes-r-us LawnSite Member

I'm just busting into the commercial side of this lately and was wondering if you guys charge the same amount per acre at commercial vs. residentials?

I got a call for a "fixed income housing", basically a ghetto.. It's 5 acres actual lot, don't know exactly how much is building and parking lots though. I'd guess about half.

So, do you charge the same for commercial accounts?
  2. northernsvc's

northernsvc's LawnSite Member

charge more, you are more at risk for liability
  3. Noo... I don't charge more for commercial accounts.
    But I do discounts for residentials.

4. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I don't know how to say it because I do charge the same but it's weird...

I estimated this complex this year and I really thought I had things covered but it's my first commercial contract and so I added 20 percent to be safe so 5k became 6k or thereabouts...

I got the bid, and am now squeaking by because the prop consumes hours worse than the truck eats fuel.
    So, don't be afraid to bid high but when it comes to doing the actual work, I certainly give them hour for hour what their dollar is paying for. As for low-income housing, I'd bid it kind of high for the reason that it probably looks like crap and needs a lot of attention and this will consume your hours, so add 25 percent to whatever you estimate for starters, that will help cover things but it will not entirely fix the problem but hey what can you do right?
    Good luck!