1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

ACS brand OCDC (Yes or No?)

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Envy Lawn Service, Feb 15, 2007.

1. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

The ACS has been out for a while now...

What do you owners think of them?

Is there any reason I shouldn't buy one or anything?

Just wondering because if I'm not going to buy the ACS, I've gotta get my butt over to the shop and start fabricating my own real soon. Winter is flying by now... and it won't be long til spring.
  2. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

If they were selling a lot of them Dixie would probably intervene. It seems like Dixie is letting the little nobody OCDC makers slide while going after big sellers. Has anybody ever wondered why Dixie is the only OEM to offer an OCDC?
  3. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

4. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

My opinion is it is a P.O.S. Handle has broke off 3 times now, from the stress of opening and closing. Designed for the Bad Boy, not any other mower. Just a very universal fit. The holes to let the air out, plug up within 20 minutes of using the thing, they are too small.
  5. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

Ive been well pleased with mine, only problem I had was a 1/4 inch bolt broke theat the spring attacthes to. But after 2 years of use ........ that was just normal wear far as I was concerned. Ive never had much problems with the holes clogging either

6. tranum

tranum LawnSite Member

ordered 1 yesterday.....hope it does the job???
  7. naturescape

naturescape LawnSite Bronze Member

If this is the ocdc I believe it is, which I have commented on before -- I would say NO as it looks like a near-direct copy of the Trimmer Trap Blade Blocker (of which I have TWO which work PERFECTLY). No crummy meg mo's for me either, using those were the LONGEST couple of hours of my life!
  8. Daneman

Daneman LawnSite Member

What about the Trac Vac model? It is just a rubber flap that covers the discharge chute, and I think only costs about 100 bucks. Fairly cheap if all you are looking to do is block off to cut around cars and beds
  9. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Exmark has them
  10. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

...and Toro too of course.