ACT software for client contact info

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by cantoo, Apr 11, 2005.

1. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

Does anyone have or use this software? It looks like it would be good to keep customer info up to date and to help organize my day. However for the price they are wanting I would like an opinion or tow on it. I have several businesses and it's difficult to keep everything straight sometimes.
    http://www.act.com/products/2005/features/#info

2. Up North

Up North LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MN

Hey Cantoo,
    I've used ACT! 4 for about 4 years in my sales job for communication equipment. I like it, but I haven't used it for the lawn business yet. I have Blizzard Buster and that has been my main program for the side business. I don't remember the cost of ACT! but if I remember right it wasn't chump change. But as for maintaining customer info such as addresses, marketing, even some possible routing (via the "to-do scheduling") I think it would be a decent program. Although my ACT! package doesn't have anything for billing, don't know if any of the ACT! products do that.

Buck

3. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

Up North, thanks for the info. I sell houses so I was really planning on the Act for that. I thought if it would work for the lawn business I could write it off under it also. It's around $250 to $300 for the program, I'm sure updates are cheap too. :rolleyes:

4. Up North

Up North LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MN

Cantoo, I just got into real estate. In fact I just got my license last week and was planning on using ACT! for maintaining my prospects & customers. I think it would work great for that. Anyway, good luck.

Buck

5. Robert F

Robert F LawnSite Member

Go hit eBay, you can get version 6.0 which is from like 2003-04 for around $25.

Best $25 ever spent, you can create a database for each business. I have run several different businesses at the same time from one copy.

ACT! is simply contact/leads software. From first contact to closing the sale it has the feature to keep track of it all.