1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Activator II Brake Controler Problem

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by HydroRI, Apr 2, 2005.

1. HydroRI

HydroRI LawnSite Member

I have a hydroseeding unit on a dual axle trailer with brakes on all 4 wheels.
    The trailer is new and I it trailer for about 3 months with the output setting on the controller at about 3-4 with sufficient braking power. Then one day I hooked up and I had to boost the output setting all the way up to 8 to feel the brakes even working. I can't see why such a big jump over night.

This year before I started using trailer again I adjusted all the brakes until I heard slight brake pad rubbing against the drums. When I hooked trailer back up I tried the brakes again and it did not make a difference in the output setting, I still need to keep it at 8 to feel brakes and all the way up to 10 to lock them up.

I can't figure out why all of a sudden the output needs to be so high, I have it installed in a 2004 Toyota Tundra. The trailer place hooked it up under the dash with the harness that was supplied in the glove box when I bought the truck.

Any suggestions????

Thanks...Kevin

2. HydroRI

HydroRI LawnSite Member

I was trying to say the trailer is new and I had been using it for only about 3 months.

Also when the controller output is set to about 9 or 10 I can hear the brakes humming.