Actual Craigslist response

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Liendeni, Jun 1, 2008.

1. Liendeni

Liendeni LawnSite Member

This is an email that I received today from a craigslisting that I posted:

How much do you charge per cut? I'm looking for someone to cut my grass. I broke my mower. I am not looking for a monthly account right now. I had an offer for $40 per month. I need to know right now for 1 mow and if it is reasonable enough I may have someone to cut it as needed basis. I don't have much grass and I only need the grass mowed. I don't need all the mulching, trimming, etc. I'm looking for someone to cut it around $10-$15. I don't have money to spare due to the economy and just buying my home. I'm not asking for much am I? I'm just in a bad situation right now and looking for help.

Thanks!

- I know there will be a heard of people on here dying for this account so what I am willing to do is sell this wondeful account to the first person who offers me a 18 months worth of cuts for it (in response to 'how much are 60 accounts worth').

Any takers?

2. Dave_005

Dave_005 LawnSite Senior Member

:laugh: wouldnt want this one in my dreams :laugh:

3. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

I think this is the reason there is no set price for the value of the account. I wouldnt want this one either. Going to take it? You dont want the poor guy to have to pay $40 for the whole month do you???

4. MJS

MJS LawnSite Bronze Member

O gosh, I wonder how big the lawn is. . .

5. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Let me Fly down and see.

6. DeepGreenLawn

DeepGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

Tell him to get off is lazy a$$ and get a used mower from a guy off the streets and cut his own grass. If he's hurtin so bad from the economy then he could save the money. I hate idiots like that. Hell, if he's not too far away I might swing by and tell him myself.

7. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

It's 1.3 acres.

8. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

no not at all buddy

9. d&rlawncare

d&rlawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Was probably another LCO messing with you......

10. DeepGreenLawn

DeepGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

that crap deserves to have his a$$ kicked. That there is degrading.