1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

actual mower cut height

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by williams lcm, Aug 26, 2013.

1. williams lcm

williams lcm LawnSite Bronze Member

It seems that the last few zero turns I have owned always start out new at the correct cut height.from JD to ferris. It seems like after 300hrs the height gets 1/2inch off. Does this happen to other zero turns ?and what causes this?
  2. ArTurf

ArTurf LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Ark

Tire wear perhaps
  3. LandFakers

LandFakers LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

My exmark seems about a half off aswell. No big deal, just set it .5 higher and go
  4. Johnagain

Johnagain LawnSite Senior Member

All my scags have done this also. No body can explain why this has happened. The real problem is that it can't be adjusted out. The dealer hasn't been able to nor the rep can't figure it out either. We have even placed calls into the manufacturer and they can't figure out the problem.
  5. ShaneysLawnCare

ShaneysLawnCare LawnSite Member

Metal stretches over time and what ever lift system you have all the mechanical components are getting slightly longer every bump the deck jumps on. This causes some, tire wear is another factor. What ever height stopping mechanism you have is also wearing too. All factors add up to a slightly off height.