Acutal Conversation between myself and Real Estate Agent

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by fostertank, Jun 10, 2008.

1. fostertank

fostertank LawnSite Member

Preface: Last week I received a call from a real estate agent seeking lawn service for 32 accounts. He sends me the location of each account and specifies how he wants most count every two weeks and a couple once a month. Now most of the accounts are located in poor areas. Which I really hate even going to because I know sooner or later i would get robbed or my gear stolen. And you know the yards are trashed because of the slobs that live there. I decided to come in at 1,902 per a month which boils down to 30.00 a cut. Please I would be responsible to do the hedges. Now these are small lots, but every two weeks would take extra time. Now I mailed him the estimate and didn't't receive i called him...

Me: "Mr. King did you receive my E-mail with the estimate?"
    RSA: "Yes"
    Me: "What did you think"
    RSA: "A little to much for me, it's more than my current guy"
    Me: "If you don't mind me asking, what does your current guy charge you?"
    RSA:" Roughly 20 per account"
    Me: "So your telling me you want somebody cheaper"
    RSA: "YEP"
    Me: "WOW How about this deal... I'll pay you to mow your lawns because I love it and paying four dollars a gallon wakes me up in the morning... Thank you for waisting my time you cheap piece of sh^t"
  2. 4 seasons lawn&land

4 seasons lawn&land LawnSite Gold Member
    from NY

wow that sucks, kinda funny with the $4 gallon gas in th AM though.
  3. zemzabob

zemzabob LawnSite Senior Member

:clapping: I liked the way you handled it:laugh:
  4. wheels910

wheels910 LawnSite Member

you should use the RSA to buy a house. String them along looking at several homes over a couple weeks and tell them you're looking for someone to beat the 0.5% commission another RSA gave you.

Kinda puts it in perspective from his job standpoint.
  5. fostertank

fostertank LawnSite Member

6. Yuanding

Yuanding LawnSite Member
    from England

About six years ago I had a conversation with a real estate agent who wanted a quote off me to service about a dozen properties. With a totally straight face she told me that the last guy who did for them charged $7hr, and could I match that? I asked her what happened to him. "Sadly he died".
    I told her I wasn't one bit surprised he died , I didn't like my time being wasted like this and she better get out of my face quick.
    There are people out there who will happily work you to death for peanuts, and they've no shame in letting you know it. They are usually the people who've never done a day's physical work in their lives and look down on those who do.
  7. 4curbappeal

4curbappeal LawnSite Senior Member

Why would the buyer ever pay the commision? I am a LCO as well as a Real Estate Agent and have never heard of such a thing! I get your point though!A few years ago I showed a lady 56 houses and then she went and bought one by owner! That was a fun waste of 2 months and a ton of gas!
  8. jsaunders

jsaunders LawnSite Bronze Member

NICE JOB- :laugh:
  9. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

"Thank you for waisting my time you cheap piece of sh^t":laugh::laugh:
    I love it!!!!
  10. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

I don't blame you, sometimes it feels good to tell someone off. Good job. Rule of thumb, real estate companies are cheap arses. I don't even call them back.