ad in yellow pages

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by JKOOPERS, Jan 23, 2004.

1. JKOOPERS

JKOOPERS LawnSite Bronze Member

ok yesterday i put an ad in the yellow pages for $570 for 1 year and that includes internet too. Did i get a good deal, that was for a 2" x 4" ad full color add? Will it really generate alot of calls?

2. zturncutter

zturncutter LawnSite Bronze Member

The yellow pages have not produced well for us.

3. Tomt

Tomt LawnSite Member

My ad came out in the new book in Nov. 03. It costs me $22.00 a month.
    YTD I have generated $210.00 in sales from the ad.
    I am very happy with my $44.00 dollars spent for the ad.
    My ad is only a 3 line, column add in the yellow pages and a listing in the white business pages.:cool:

4. JKOOPERS

well i wont find out till mid late march. too cold up here . we are suppose to get ice and freezing rain tomorrow night.

5. SUPERIOR Lawn Design

SUPERIOR Lawn Design LawnSite Member

I pay $100 per month for this one... It came out in October 03 and I have gotten 3 contracted customers so far (in off season) I expect it will increase in the upcoming March and April months...

ad.jpg

6. JKOOPERS

i got some promotion for a 2 x 4 " for 50 bucks a month and then 16 a month for internet

7. Avery

Avery LawnSite Bronze Member

We have tried just about every method of advertising. Yellow pages work the best. Unlike flyers and other forms of mass advertisement they are target specific. The person is looking for a service when they see your ad.

8. JKOOPERS

about how many clients did u pick up your first year with the ad

9. Avery

Avery LawnSite Bronze Member

Man I wish my memory was that good! That was a LONG time ago. We did get one of our biggest commercial clients from the ad and they have been with us for three years.

10. JKOOPERS

thats cool i was just wondering this is gonna be my first year full-time. do u have any other good advice to become succesful?