Ad results

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawncuttinfoo, Apr 6, 2007.

1. lawncuttinfoo

lawncuttinfoo LawnSite Bronze Member

First week droped today to 24,000 houses, one call. 5 more weeks of misery to go...

2. smcunningham

smcunningham LawnSite Senior Member

hey i passed out 500 dorhangers and got 4 new accounts off them maybe five got another estimate to go do.........

3. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

i passed out under 50 and got 4 calls. going to give estimates in a few hours. good luck lawncuttinfoo, im sure you'll be getting some calls soon i usually get a lot of calls after easter.

4. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Wow, 24,000 with minimal results, I'm really surprised. I don't even have signs on my truck and have been stopped 3 times, gave 2 estimates in the last day. Seems busy here, getting a feel for a new market and I like it so far. If this keeps up I'll have 20 accounts in about 3 or 4 months, wouldn't that be nice.

5. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

It's strange how advertising works sometimes. I passed out close to 500 door hangers in a upscale neighborhood and got zero, nada and zip. I also passed out 40 hangers in a starter home subdivision. I got one sale on the day that I passed them out and I need to go on 2 bids today. As soon as the grass actually starts growing real good I expect to get other calls too.

I had the same results when I lived in MD and I don't know why I thought NC would be any different.

6. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Judging by other posts here I think you should have advertised snow plowing right now.

Its like trying to sell a comb to a bald guy.:laugh:

People sit on ads and I wouldn't be surprised if you are overwhelmed once people see that spring is really here and your snow melts. Stay Positive.