Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by enviouslawns, Jan 10, 2008.

1. enviouslawns

enviouslawns LawnSite Member

heres my new ad.what do you guys think?

Attached Files:

2. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

looks good, are you going to be emailing it? if so i'll reduce the size of the file for you w/ my professional version of acrobat
  3. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

It looks really good. Is "brick pavers" supposed to be yellow? Just curious, because everything else on that line is white.
    Did you make it yourself?
  4. Fert33

Fert33 LawnSite Member

It looks good You should get some calls with that. What size lawns will be considered for the 29.95 price? Just curious.
  5. daveyo

daveyo LawnSite Senior Member
    from N.J.

Honestly I think it a bit cluttered, please don't take it personally. Plus your giving big discounts and guaranteeing the lowest price. $23 for lawn service, and 29 for fert, even for the smallest lawns theres no way I would make money, maybe you can. Let us know how you made out.
  6. enviouslawns

the 23.00 per week is just for tiny ass lots that me and one guy can do in 8 minutes im not positive but i belive the lots are like 50x95 plus with the house and driveway, and thats the same for fertilizer.

no im not emailing it its goin to 60000 homes on wednesday front page of the ad bood and im the only landscapnig company
  7. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

looks good. I really like it. It is great marketing with the coupons. What program did you use to make it?
    Also, how do you manage to do fertilization programs without doing weed control or insect control? Those go pretty much hand in hand.
  8. enviouslawns

the company i advertise thourgh made it, and that fert coupon is just for them to call, then i explain the program to em kinda just so i can get a few seconds of there time .
  9. zz4guy

zz4guy LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah, but do you WANT these types of customers? You will probably attract a lot of cheapskates expecting their $35 yard mowed for $23. Not to mention you are telling people willing to pay decent money that you aren't good enough for them. I would raise the minimum price a little. Not a lot. Just my .02
  10. daveyo

daveyo LawnSite Senior Member
    from N.J.

Listen, one thing I can tell you is don't be afraid of making money. After you break down all your expenses and pay the help, your not making anything. I would bet the house you get a lot of tire kickers, but hey thats ok as long as you can sell yourself, because they better not bulk at the price. If your in it now to build a bit of a base then I say ok, get your schedule full, weed out the bad guys and stick with the good guys and build from there. Also, upsell to these customers, walk around the property with them, point out the things that need to be done.