Add spraying to my services.

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by stevenf, Oct 28, 2007.

1. stevenf

stevenf LawnSite Bronze Member

Overseeding- Applying grass seeds throught the lawn on top of the existing grass???

Also, The other day I was watching a company travel around an apartment complex with a sprayer and spot spraying the green liquid. I know the green liquid was hydro-seed??? Is this something most people do over the browning spots?

As you can see, I dont know much about any type of spraying. slowly learning though. Help!

2. stevenf

Any takers on this topic?

3. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Do you mean overseed St Aug or Bermuda grass with rye for winter color?

Or do you want to hydroseed bare spots?

Or do you plan on overseeding every lawn as you fall round treatment?

4. stevenf

Im just looking into the best possible addittion of services that doesnt require a license.
    Hydroseeding bare spots, Overseeding, Hydroseeding entire lots. Let me know a little about this please.

5. stevenf

Not only for the license reason. I want to clear up brown spots, grow grass in spots where the dirt shows, and so on........

6. (wi) Roots

(wi) Roots LawnSite Member
    from 9

7. stevenf

The people i saw doing it, did an entire apartment complex with handheld sprayers. Is this common or a good start?
    Also, The people that were spot spraying it over dirt and browning grass. Its the same thing and works the same way just to grow in specific spots?

8. (wi) Roots

(wi) Roots LawnSite Member
    from 9

Sorry dude, I thought you were serious! In my opinion, if your going to do it, do it right! Otherwise I would stick with inter grading more services to your established customers until your able to purchase better equipment.

9. terryenterprises

terryenterprises LawnSite Member

Filling in brown spots does not require a license. Basically the best thing to do is an aerate over seed. If you dont have an aerator you can rent one reasonably, and still make a profit. Hydroseeding really isnt much more effective.