Added another dump truck

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Metro Lawn, Jul 25, 2006.

1. supercuts

supercuts LawnSite Silver Member

seeing all those old trucks, all i keep thinking is how reliable can they be even with low mileage? i guess when you have 17 trucks, 4 can go down and the rest can pick up the slack. too bad your not in CT, ive seen great deals on some old dodge trucks. i think an 87 had 30k miles,plow, garaged mint, $3500. seen quite a few cheap. if you want to venture out this way i can drop you the ads. looks good.

if always thought about adding an old 78 ford to my fleet becuase i love the old trucks. reliabitly is my only drawback. ive also thought about buying a 97ish powerstroke and putting the 78 body on it for the best of both worlds. it would still cost less than 25% of my 08

2. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

That white Freightliner looks different for some reason. Mainly the hood and cab.

3. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

I actually have less problems with the older trucks than with the new ones. There is some common thinking that old trucks are not reliable. Old isn't the same as worn out. The best part of the older units is if they do break, it is usually something that we can fix and have it back on the job without the need for some fancy computer to tell us what is wrong. jmo

4. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

feel free to tell me about the ads you come across , im always in the market to buy a nice old dodge.

5. Metro Lawn

It seems every good deal on a old Dodge I find is on the east coast. lol They must be Dodge lovers too.

6. supercuts

7. supercuts

8. Metro Lawn

Here are a few more pix of the dump

100_0282.jpg

100_0287.jpg

100_0286.jpg

100_0274.jpg

100_0285.jpg