Added more equipment

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Banksy, Jan 13, 2013.

1. LandFakers

LandFakers LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

Thought about putting a flatbed with a dovetail and sides on it? If your only using a WB that would be perfect

2. MillerIn503

MillerIn503 LawnSite Member

Thinking I might go with a combination of the rack linked above(local for me) and a dovetail attachment like shown here http://www.tailgateramps.com/ . Believe I would have to get the dovetail first and have the rack built to fit around it. Although it does look like one would not affect the other. Now the question would be, what's the best/largest commercial mower I can fit between a 4' wheel base and that is not to heavy for ramp?

Last edited: Jan 15, 2013
  3. LandFakers

LandFakers LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

Maybe a 48" stand on unit? That's like a walk behind and ZTR in one. They are pretty expensive though
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. MillerIn503

MillerIn503 LawnSite Member

Doing some web searching and checking specs, I think a 32" is as large as I can go comfortably. Wrestling with the wheel wells in the truck is my concern obviously. The 36" mowers I have seen are 48.5" wheel base from what I have seen on the specs. Being a newbie/solo to start, lets hope a 32" will suffice until growth is at my doorstep. Until then, I will just have to say no to jobs that are beyond my equipments efficient time capabilities. As long as I can load a 25" to 32", and a dethatcher and aerator when needed, I think I am off to a good start. Still waiting for the weight capabilities on that ramp I posted previously. :weightlifter: