1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

adding 4th ztr to fleet help

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Athlon74, Jun 15, 2011.

1. Athlon74

Athlon74 LawnSite Member

Looking for a new 72 that rides nice and lays a decent cut does more than 10mph. Test drove a new Ferris IS3100Z today. Dealer let me take it across a pretty nasty lawn, was very impressed with ride. It seemed to slow at 10 mph. Any help would be nice, I don't have the time to ride all these mowers .
  2. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I am having difficulty understanding how a solo can afford to have more than one of these,
    and then it's like one every 10 or 20 years, let alone three, four.
  3. flatlander42

flatlander42 LawnSite Silver Member

how do you know he/she is solo?
  4. Monster Mower

Monster Mower LawnSite Member

all of these have a 12mph ground speed

STT72V-28CAT-SS 72" Velocity Plus™ Cutter Deck, 28hp CAT liquid-cooled diesel engine
    STT72A-29KA-DFI-SS 72" Advantage Cutter Deck, 29hp Kawasaki liquid-cooled engine, fuel-injected
    STT72A-35BVAC-SS 72" Advantage Cutter Deck, 35hp Briggs-Vanguard air-cooled engine
  5. Athlon74

Athlon74 LawnSite Member

Me Owner

4 others
  6. retrodog

retrodog LawnSite Silver Member

Bad boy has an awesome 72" deck $8499 31 Kawasaki or 36hp Vanguard outlaw 14mph, the lightning 31hp Kawasaki is 9199, or the massive 35hp 4 cylinder cat diesel will strike fear in the kildees and grasshoppers at 15mph, capable of 18mph with a few tweaks $12999, and rides just as smooth as the Ferris. Not to mention the 1/4 inch decks, massive radiator system, etc...
    Posted via Mobile Device
  7. RTR Landscaping

RTR Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Look at a Scag Cheetah. 72" 34 HP Kawasaki top transport speed is 16 mph. You can cut in low range up to 12 mph. They have suspension,very nice.
  8. Athlon74

Athlon74 LawnSite Member

Holy cow 18 mph !
    Our old 72 ex mark does like 8-9...lol
  9. Athlon74

Athlon74 LawnSite Member

Reading about the Ferris 3100 seems that the manufacture ships them only doing 10mph and you have to ask the dealer to turn them up to 12 ?
    The next day it rains I'm looking at Scags and Hustlers . would like to try a Bad boy but dealer is way out..
  10. doyles

doyles LawnSite Member

when the ferris 3100 comes from the factory they are not set to move as fast as they can you have to ask the dealer to turn the speed adjustment up on them and top speed should be 12mph