Adding a hour meter to a fastrack

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by Jeepster, Jun 14, 2007.

1. Jeepster

Jeepster LawnSite Member

I want to add an hour meter to a new fastrack that will be delivered mon/tues. After talking to my dealer I got the impression that just about any hour meter will do the job. Well since I allready have a brand new hour meter still in the package that I have had for awhile I figure I will use that one.
    My question is; is there a dedicated spot for the hourmeter? And is there a simple wiring/wire available on the machine allready. I cant see buying another meter seeing I allready have a new one.

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Not knowing what type of meter you have makes it hard to give you advice.
    The FasTraks are pre-wired for the Hustler hour meter and on the dash there is a cut out under the decal for a hour meter to slide right in.
    There is also a pre wired plug under the dash to plug right into the Hustler meter.
    I personally would go with the clean factory look on the a meter and plug it in knowing it is going to work properly.

Pj

3. Jeepster

Jeepster LawnSite Member

Thanks for the reply, Would you have a Hustler part # for that hour meter? I would also like to have it look nice like a factory installation, (Figure I just plunked down 5 G's on a grass cutter). The impression I got from Tim when I inquired about the meter was they were gonna just get some aftermarket meter to put in there. Hell, if thats the case I can do that!
    But, Thinking now......why dont these mowers come with a hour meter allready installed?

Reguardless, I'm looking foward to the new unit.
    Thanks again

4. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

Here is the information.
    Kit, Hour Meter, FasTrak part # 367656 MSRP $33.00
    We don't put them on from the factory because not everyone needs it, and the added expense at the factory installation level will add to the price of the mower.

5. Jeepster

Jeepster LawnSite Member

Ordered meter from the dealer as I didnt want to lose track of operating time on the unit. Picked up the meter at the Dealer free of charge (Thank you Chrissie) and it was a snap to install.

6. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

Cool.
    Sounds like they took care of you well.