Adding a spray gun to my PG Magnum

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Shades of Green LService, May 2, 2007.

1. Shades of Green LService

Shades of Green LService LawnSite Bronze Member

I was talking tis over w/ my father in law and we thought the best way would be to, run a split off one of the nozzle hoses. Does anyone have any advise on this?

2. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Jay,
    Good idea. Be sure to install the split before the nozzle valves so you can shut off the nozzles and still spray with your gun. An extra shut-off valve would probably be handy.

You can also attach to the drain valve near the lower left on the tank. Low pressure. 10 PSI. Use the wand from a hand sprayer.

3. Nathan Robinson

Nathan Robinson LawnSite Senior Member
    from 47712

look up the z sprayer and see how they did it and that should give you an idea

4. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

I ran on off of the bottle fill on my Ultra.

I haven't gotten around to trying it on the Magnum yet.

I know there's not much pressure there when you're not hitting the throttle, but there should be enough to put through a gun for the small corners.

5. Shades of Green LService

John-
    If i attach the split before the nozzle valve i should be able then to put the sprayer control levers in the off position and use the wand. right?

6. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Who was it that just posted the pics of their machine with the sprayer, holder with coil hose, and other modifications that were done? Was it you? Either way, this setup was well done, and would serve as an excellent example. I would look it up and post the link to that thread, but I am just too exhausted right now. :sleeping:

7. RigglePLC

Jay,
    A tee installed near the pump should work fine. A tee installed near the bottle fill valve would be easy to do. Chemlawn gun probably woud not work. Remember the pump is only 1 gal a minute--and the pressure is low--half gal a minute is probably the maximum you can expect.

8. Shades of Green LService

Thanks John, BTW How is the Agitation set up working?

9. RigglePLC

The in-tank bypass flow agitation set up is working. But I would like more gallons per minute flow, so as to get the solution in the tank to swirl.

I have not needed it yet, but I tried a couple of paint stirring vortex propellors in my battery powered drill. That really works. Looks like a whirlpool. Probably a good idea if you want to try wettable powder products or Drive.

10. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

I was running LifeGuard this spring for a short time. It's Lesco's own "Dimension" product.

It comes in water soluable packets. It was fine as long as I was spraying.

My issue came in, when I did a larger cleanup between applications.

The way I run my setup, is that I do a cleanup on a property, then right after that I spray for the crabgrass and drop the fertilizer.

I found out, that once you let the WSP set in the Magnum for 3-4 hours, that it started to settle too much. Usually it wasn't a problem, but once in a while I'd get to a larger or more difficult cleanup, and then I'd have to drain all the product out of the Magnum, or else the screens would clog.

If you're just spraying, running through the whole tank without it sitting for more than 3 hours, IMO, you won't have any problem running powders.