Adding a wand to PG Ultra

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by eruuska, Apr 23, 2006.

1. eruuska

eruuska LawnSite Senior Member

I just picked up a new (to me) PG Ultra, but it came without the Squeeze N
    Spray bottle. Rather than replacing it, I thought about adding a spray wand, attaching it to the spigot at the bottom of the tank where you'd normally fill the Squeeze N Spray. It's pressurized at the same 10 psi as the front spray nozzles, is there any reason I can't add one?

I figured I'd take the hose and wand off my old Fimco sprayer and attach it with a hose clamp.

2. eruuska

I just checked to make sure the hose was the right size to fit the spigot, and it appears to fit perfectly. So, barring anyone here telling me why it won't work, it'll be operational when I start my BL spraying in the next week or so.

3. philk17088

philk17088 LawnSite Fanatic

I think it should work fine except is there any by-pass on it? Pressurizing it constant may damage the pump?
    I may try it on mine too. I lost one bottle already!

4. eruuska

I think there's some sort of pressure relief mechanism that limits tank pressure to 10 psi. My manual's downstairs and I'm too lazy to go get it, but I seem to remember that.

5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Make sure you have the right nozzle, because this would put out WAY too much volume for a hose nozzle for spot or trim spraying. Remember, the teejet nozzles that are on the machine are not only a wider spray, but they are also times two. You see how the bottle sprays,...this is what you would have to have a nozzle spray like as well to put down the right volume. This stuff is HOT.