Adding a Z-Turn, going to do alot of baggin ..what do ya think ?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TriCountyLawn, Sep 11, 2006.

1. TriCountyLawn

TriCountyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Heres what im thinking,

Dixie- 33hp / 60" w/ 3 bag system (ive only demoed the 2 bag system on a flatlander)

Toro- Maybe 23 hp Kubota/60" ( dont know anything about there 3 bag system, But ive been hearing really good things about the Turbo Force deck)

Exmark- Lazer Z AS 25hp/ 60" (only exmark ive used were way worn out but had a great cut and bagged well, Im gonna stay very far away from the Trition deck but its nice to see they still make a mower with the Ultracut)

Hustler- 28efi or 30hp / 60 or 66" ( Guees I would have to go with the humbolt bagger cause I want a 3 bag system, Really love my Hustler Walkbehinds but seems the XR-7 might still have some quirks)

I know about dealer support and demoing ect ect ect ect. Just looking to get some thoughts from you guys. But really good cut quality and a good bagging system is a must here. Going to be using this next mower on our high end accounts and will be bagging 90% of the time.

2. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

Check out the Cub Tank 60" with the Peco bagger. We have had great luck with ours.

3. 2menandamower

2menandamower LawnSite Member

Might try looking at Dixon with there clam shell bagger... It is a quick unload that is for sure...And has a blower with it that makes for less tube clogging\....

4. Turfsnow

Turfsnow LawnSite Member
    from NH

We have two toro's. 52" turbo force w/ double bagger, and 72" turbo force w/ tripple bagger. We love em, and we bag almost everything.

5. TriCountyLawn

Can you post pics of the Blower set-up on the toro's ? Is it similar to the exmarks?

6. REALSLOW

REALSLOW LawnSite Senior Member
    from FLORIDA

When I first started in business in 1984 everybody bagged here but now nobody does. I would not even consider bagging unless the client was paying double,can you get double?

7. TriCountyLawn

Don't worry , I price accordingly:weightlifter:

8. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

Very similar, and very easy to take on and off the machine. We plan to ultilize the three bagger during fall leaf clean-up season.
    [​IMG]

9. TriCountyLawn

Having hard time finding some good pics of the blower set-up. Went and looked at some Toro's today. Seem like a real good option. Working on getting a demo.

10. Turfsnow

Turfsnow LawnSite Member
    from NH

I'll see if I can take a picture of one of ours today for you.