Adding Bushes to system

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by RAlmaroad, Feb 28, 2008.

1. RAlmaroad

RAlmaroad LawnSite Silver Member
    from SC

I put in the complete turf irrigation for a client. She is now adding about twenty feet (20') of bushes in a row. There are several spray heads nearby. What would be the best approach to add water to her plants. I was thinking of justing a T close to one of the heads and adding a soaker hose that would not significantly take away from the pressure in that area. Thanks, Roy
  2. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

add a drip zone
  3. Ferti-man

Ferti-man LawnSite Senior Member

Ditto! Needs to be an independent zone. Water needs and frequency are different!
  4. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

Amen .
  5. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

If you've got spare wire, why not do it right and add a spray zone...1812 RB w/Weather
    Matic brass nozzles. If there's no ground cover to deflect the spray..1806 works.
  6. Ferti-man

Ferti-man LawnSite Senior Member

You don't need to soak the entire area like turf for shrubs. More direct irrigation such as drip should be used in this case. IMHO mulch will soak up most of above ground spray, minimizing soil penetration of water unless you flood the zone. Not a very efficient use of water and I do not think a BMP practice, unless you are a municipality, then pop ups are practically required along street scapes to help wash the cars driving by! :nono: