Adding Cig. Plug To JD 4310

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by FearThisDeere, Dec 13, 2006.

1. FearThisDeere

FearThisDeere LawnSite Bronze Member

Does anyone know how to add a cig. plug to a John Deere 4310? I have a mini lightbar that I want to use while plowing this winter, but I don't want it to be permantley mounted to the ROPS.

2. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

There is something you can get (likely at Wal-Mart) that has alligator clips to connect to a battery and has the female end of a 12v cig plug on the other. I am having a hard time trying to find it online, but I know they have them.

Looks like the thing with the clips in this picture http://www.cpap-supply.com/Battery-Adapter-Cable-and-12V-Cord-p/1001979.htm but this is a high priced combo thing.

3. Mike's All Season Service

Mike's All Season Service LawnSite Senior Member

Here's What your looking for:

CIG PLUG.jpg

4. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

i would personally run an inline fuse in there because if something blows you dont want to kill everything

5. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

If it were me, I'd buy a lighter kit @ O'Reilly's & hardwire in a lighter plug in my control panel. Make sure you put a fuse on it like was previously stated.

6. Mike's All Season Service

Mike's All Season Service LawnSite Senior Member

I would put a 30Amp Fuse in it. Most dual rotator beacons have fuses in the plug part, if you unscrew it you will find a 30Amp fuse.

7. FearThisDeere

FearThisDeere LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks guys.