Adding Elec stat to TT

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by Mid Rivers, Oct 16, 2002.

1. Mid Rivers

Mid Rivers LawnSite Member

I have a 48in TT with the 17hp Kaw. Is it possible to add Electric start to this machine? What would it cost (roughly) if possible?

I also own a 60in Lazer and have a question about the stripping roller. When in wet grass does the grass tend to collect on the roller and fall off in clumps?

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Mid Rivers,

I talked with Lenny in our Customer Service department and based upon what we discovered it can be done but it may not be cost effective.

On the Exmark side youÂ’re going to need the wiring harness, key switch, solenoid, battery box, interlock module, battery and cables. All this will add up to a couple hundred bucks pretty easy. After that you'll still need to purchase the Kawasaki parts required such as the starter motor, flywheel, and stator.

I don't know what the Kawasaki parts are going to cost you.

I'm also curious to why you want electric start. Generally the Kawi twins are known for being easy to start. Unless you've got an enclosed trailer most cutters have not indicated a strong desire for the electric start.

Let know if your having a problem starting your unit. Most of these start on the first or second pull when new.

Thanks

Terry