1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Adding hydro cooler

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dualsmows, Jun 15, 2007.

1. dualsmows

dualsmows LawnSite Member

Has anyone added a transmission cooler to there hydros?
    If so, did it help?

Thank you!
  2. tomo

tomo LawnSite Senior Member

hello, adding a cooler to either an engine [0il] or to hydros is the same principle . B4 ANYTHING ELSE u have to investigate operating temp The temp is??????? This will determine if u actually require cooling . Recommended temp in the return line should be around 200f in the most demanding conditions . This is the constant spec .Intermitant spikes in temp would be ok with a peak at around 220f .
    The reason why i use this specs is i dought all and i mean all components r specified at levels above 212f .
    Although u r looking after the mechanical components the oil will also be well taken care of .
    The golden rule with oil is EVERY OIL DEGRADES just some faster than others . I have found absolutley zero oil companies who recomend to run there oils --- ''constantly'' --- above 212 f for 50--150hrs . Remember a mower is not a race car where the oil is changed every race or 3hrs etc.
    Many industrial machines have coolers ,mower companies to tight i guess and really do they want to make your machine last along time !!