1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Adding hydro cooler

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dualsmows, Jun 15, 2007.

1. dualsmows

dualsmows LawnSite Member

Has anyone added a transmission cooler to there hydros?
    If so, did it help?

Thank you!

2. tomo

tomo LawnSite Senior Member

hello, adding a cooler to either an engine [0il] or to hydros is the same principle . B4 ANYTHING ELSE u have to investigate operating temp The temp is??????? This will determine if u actually require cooling . Recommended temp in the return line should be around 200f in the most demanding conditions . This is the constant spec .Intermitant spikes in temp would be ok with a peak at around 220f .
    The reason why i use this specs is i dought all and i mean all components r specified at levels above 212f .
    Although u r looking after the mechanical components the oil will also be well taken care of .
    The golden rule with oil is EVERY OIL DEGRADES just some faster than others . I have found absolutley zero oil companies who recomend to run there oils --- ''constantly'' --- above 212 f for 50--150hrs . Remember a mower is not a race car where the oil is changed every race or 3hrs etc.
    Many industrial machines have coolers ,mower companies to tight i guess and really do they want to make your machine last along time !!
    tomo:waving: