Adding leaf removal to annual contracts

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by JohnnyRocker, Jan 30, 2013.

1. JohnnyRocker

JohnnyRocker LawnSite Senior Member

Can you fit 15 yards of leaves into one mower?

2. Jaybrown

Jaybrown LawnSite Bronze Member

That's the beauty of it it mulches down into way less.

3. holmesgts

holmesgts LawnSite Member

Leaf clean up can be too subjective to include in a contract. what I mean by that is you can have a client nit pic you too death about leaves cause you can really never get them all.

4. andyslawncare

andyslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

all of my accounts are on level billing. Once per month November, December, January, and February. Lets say a break down of normal cut is $75, winter service will be at least $120, depending on how many trees and if leaves have to be removed etc; I also include pruning as needed, weed control/fert, and core aeration to all properties. I total up all planned services and divide by 12. If you aren't comfortable with your leaf estimate skills, then you can say 'leaf clean up is based on ___ per hr, and I think we'll have around ____ hr each month'---you'll probably never get a commercial account leaving things open ended though...people like to know a fixed budget when going into agreement.

5. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

Posted via Mobile Device

6. H & M Yard Improvements

H & M Yard Improvements LawnSite Member

My clean ups are billed hourly for the most part. there are very few customers i have where i will bill "X" amount per visit. usually those are the ones i do in November and December that are one shot deals. I kind of like those because they are the ones that i charge extra for since there is usually a heavy volume of leaves.