Adding lights to rider

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JML, Jul 6, 2000.

1. JML

JML LawnSite Senior Member

I was wondering if anyone has added or know how to add some type of headlights to a rider. Some of my yards have so many trees in the back yard it gets very dark around 5 o'clock. I was just wondering if it can be done. thanks

2. CMerLand

CMerLand LawnSite Senior Member

Bought the lightbar to mount on my walker and is great for finishing up those last cuts in the fall after you turn the clocks back again. Havent seen too many other mowers that have this option but has been great for us.

3. rebel2002

rebel2002 LawnSite Member

JML.. I purchased a "BLAZER" light set from the local auto parts store.. added a heavy duty switch, and mounted then on my Encore. I love them. All that i had to do was tap into the selenoid

4. yardsmith

yardsmith LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

last summer I replaced the pathetic factory lights on my Steiner 220 with auto driving lights (55 watt). Buddy they light up the sky!<br>Now that I'm full time this year, I haven't had much need to be out after dark mowing, but have another set I'm planning to mount on my Bobcat Z after vacation.<br>Never hurts to be prepared.<p>----------<br>Smitty ô¿ô<br>

5. I have a $15 northern tool 55w watt FLOOD light mounted to a piece of flat bar stock<br>then mounted to the mower deck of my 62&quot; toro<br>for night opps at sports fields.<p>

6. SLC INC

SLC INC LawnSite Member

I added lights to may walker and never use them. This spring the lock nuts came loose and the light bar fell off when my guys were out one day. so I kept the light bar off.

7. JML

JML LawnSite Senior Member

but by adding them it won't take away from the power of the mower itself will it? thanks<p>joe

8. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

I ordered a light set as a option when I bought my Walker GHS unit.They come in handy, espically after the time changes.

9. southside

southside LawnSite Senior Member

Gene, I was thinking of putting those lights <br>on my Walker. Are they any good?<p>Karl<br>

10. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

Karl, I bought the light kit when I got my new Walker, for my old one I just welded up my own that look exactly the same. I bought lights from a tractor dealer that are the same as Walkers only cheaper two short pieces of tube and some flat bar and they look original