Adding Quotes To My Posts?

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by Ursushorribilus, Jul 16, 2004.

1. Ursushorribilus

Ursushorribilus LawnSite Member

Being somewhat computer illiterate, I don't know how members attach quotes to their posts:eek: Can someone please explain to me in simple and detailed terms how this is done. It would probably help if you think of me as a five-year-old when explaining this, because I basically am about five in regards to technology. Thanks...Tony

2. Turf Medic

Turf Medic LawnSite Bronze Member

When you find a post that you would like to quote something from, just hit the quote button on the lower right hand corner of that post. It will then send you and the quote to the post reply screen. When you get to that screen you will want to place your cursor below the quoted part before you start typing or you will be adding to the person's quote. Clear as mud :D??

3. Ursushorribilus

Well, here is my first try at it! I feel like a baby taking his first step...

4. Randy J

Randy J LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah, but what a step. Before you know it, you'll be quoting everyone just like the rest of us! :D

5. Ursushorribilus

Hey, it works! I'm ready for battle now. Now, another question about quoting. How do I select just a sentence or a few words of someone elses post instead of the whole post? Thanks Turf Medic!

6. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

I've seen where there are 2 quotes in one post, how is that done, without cut and pasting? even further, I've seen quotes from totally different thread??? how do you do that........ or should we not know, so we can't use it against people.....lol

7. Randy J

Randy J LawnSite Bronze Member

Don't know about anyone else, but I just hit the quote button, then highlight the part of the post I don't want and hit delete.

fga, I'm kind of curious about that also.

8. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

BUMP

9. Rex Mann

Rex Mann LawnSite Senior Member

10. Rex Mann

Rex Mann LawnSite Senior Member

one more try.

Rex