adding spraying to my services

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by sfddelta1, Mar 18, 2008.

1. Does anyone spray in Arkansas. I would like to know what you have to do to things legal here in the great state of arkansas.

Thanks
    Eric

2. yardprospraying

yardprospraying LawnSite Member

Eric,

Look at the top of the thread/post "licensing in all states". You can click on your state, and it should tell you what you have to do to get licensed.

I know "Turfdoctor1" and "Ted" are both from Arkansas, so hopefully they will chime in and help you out.

Good Luck,
    John..

3. Turfdoctor1

Turfdoctor1 LawnSite Senior Member

yardpro hit the nail. there is a link at the top of the page that will take you where you need to go.

here is a shortcut.
    http://www.plantboard.org/pesticides_licensing5.html#non

pretty much, you need to contact the state plant board, sign up to take the exam, have proof of insurance, study for the exam, pass the exam, recertify every 3 years.

$150 to take the exam, for spraying herbicides you only need section 5. I believe additional exams are $100. Then, it is an additional $150 to get your license. This process takes a couple of months.

4. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

sfddelta1

I believe the Clinton's never worried about legal in White Water Arkansas or any other part of Arkansas.

5. well that would be great but i am not a FOB or FOH (friend of bill / friend of hillary)

so i guess i will go legal

thanks
    for all the info