1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Adding Tree Spraying to my lawn care business

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by prolawnappeal, Jun 7, 2011.

1. prolawnappeal

prolawnappeal LawnSite Member

Hello,

I have been running a lawn business for the past 3 years, and it is going very well. I do a little landscaping and mowing, but most of my money comes in from spraying lawns. I have been asked several times this year about spraying trees, and have had to turn down a lot of business since I am not licensed here in Kansas. I will be taking my test in July, and I will be adding tree spraying either this Fall or next Spring. I really don't have a lot of knowledge about tree spraying or equipment. I am wanting to do root feeding along with surface spraying, so any information on equipment to do both jobs would be greately appreciated. I am also looking for spraying programs to offer my clients and their trees. I offer a 4 part application on most lawns, and didn't know if there was any type of programs like that for trees as well? My last question is how do I charge to spray trees, and how to charge for deep root feeding??? Any advice is appreciated and thanks for reading.

Travis

2. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

I have done some tree spraying for the city when I was younger, however I didn't last long, as I remember the equipment was a PITA, and so was the guy I was working with.

this is an area you better know what your doing before entering, I'm sure insurance is a pain.

Wish I could help with more info.

Best of luck