Adding Up Employees Timecards

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JimLewis, Nov 8, 2004.

1. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

For those of you who have employees and also have computerized time cards where they punch in when they start and punch out when they leave, you probably know the frustration that occurs every payday when you, as an employer, have to sit down every payday and figure out what the exact hours are for each day.

that is, you understand what a PITA it is to figure out someone's exact hours when their timecard looks like this;

Mon 7:23 am 4:44 pm
    Tue 7:19 am 6:51 pm
    Wed 7:35 am 4:13 pm
    Thu 7:30 am 7:08 pm

etc.

It gets REALLY tiring calculating those exact minutes and converting them from minutes to decimal hours every single day. That gets a little old after about the first 5 employees.

Of course, if you're like me, you realize that you were stupid for buying the $200 timecard machine that just punches the time in and you realize that you should have spend the extra $250 on the neat little machine that swiped everyone's "credit-card" style time card and just totalled everyone's exact hours for you. But it's a little too late to return it. So you're stuck, like me, converting all these hours to decimals - every single payday!

Well, I found a killer little computer program that does all of this for you. It takes a few minutes to really learn how to use it correctly. You have to have all the settings set correctly. But once you learn that, it sure saves you a buttload of time.

Here's the program;

http://www.myzips.com/software/TIMECALC-CLASSIC.phtml

Enjoy!

2. williamslawn

williamslawn LawnSite Member
    from SC

Jim,

Check this information out.

Time Card Tabulator II

This time card and payroll calculator is ideal for payroll professionals and anyone who needs to calculate wages. This model allows you to instantly calculate days and hours for multiple time cards, and it determines total hours and pay with the touch of a button. Other features include an hourly rate function, built-in stopwatch/timer, and ten storage memories.

http://www.calculatorwarehouse.com/

We have been using ours for over 2 years. Works great.

Blake