1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Additional Rider - Which Brand?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lawn Lizards, Nov 22, 2003.

1. Lawn Lizards

Lawn Lizards LawnSite Member

We currently have a 54" LESCO Viper that is about 5 years old. It has been a great mower, but we've had quite a few repairs on it. The next part we'll have to buy is a hydro pump. Anyway, we are looking to buy a new rider, but don't know if we should get another LESCO. We'll keep the LESCO running, but if it breaks down again, we want another rider there. We heard really good things about Toro. Which brand will have less expensive parts and are a little easier to work on. Any info on this would be greatly appreciated. We will probably want another 54" but no smaller than a 48". Thanks!

2. Equipguy

Equipguy LawnSite Senior Member

Do yourself a favor and ck out the Hustler Z. Has a 2yr warranty, easy to work on and does very well on slopes. Not the least expensive but you get what you pay for.......usually.
  3. DLS1

DLS1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I vote the Hustler Z. Great mower and great cut. Hustler has a fantastic warranty and Mowerconsultant on the Hustler Forum on this site will always answer your questions.

Check out the Hustler forum here and you will see how serious they are about quality customer service.
  4. energy

energy LawnSite Member

I have a Lesco 54" Viper too, it is a great mower, never had anything wrong with it, has 500+ hours on it. Only had to replace the parts that wear, spindles, battery, tires. How many hours you have on your machine? Machines do break, just a matter of time and use. Unfortunately i made a wrong selection in type of mower before i bought it and now i want to sell it or trade for a Wright Stander 36". Have to get the right equipment for the job, my business consist of all residential with 3 feet gates to the back. If anyone is interested in large, great cutting mower.....
  5. Meg-Mo

Meg-Mo Inactive

Check out one of the new sponsors. For ease to work on and great mower look at the BAD BOY.
  6. rob1325

rob1325 LawnSite Senior Member

Look at the SCAGS they are great.
  7. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

i gotta say......i use a 60 inch scag with the digital fuel injected 29hp kawi and i love it. tons of power, and you can put it on the steepest of hills. demoed a liquid cooled lazer, and the scag won out(this is coming from somebody who likes exmark). ill give scag credit....i love the new machine.