Addresses for Postcards

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Perfect Lawn, Feb 8, 2007.

1. Perfect Lawn

Perfect Lawn LawnSite Member

How is the best way to get addresses for postcards without spending money. And how should I title the address. Homeowner, Current resident. Help me out.

2. Shades of Green LService

Shades of Green LService LawnSite Bronze Member

Good post, I hope someone has an answer. I was wondering the same thing.

3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Are you going to send these out yourself? I don't mean to sound like a stupid question, but there is actually a few different ways of going about this. One way, is to go through whitepages.com. If you have just one address on the street, it will give you all the people that live on that street or road (who are listed) and their addresses.

4. Shades of Green LService

Shades of Green LService LawnSite Bronze Member

That's a good idea, whitepages.com, Thanks

5. Perfect Lawn

Yea thats a good idea! But, You only get like half of a street. How do you address them?

6. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

Just put resident on them this way they have to be delivered.

7. Perfect Lawn

So I wright, Resident
    123 Golf Street
    UTown, Ga. 22222

8. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

That's all you do because the post office has to deliver it. If you put the wrong name on it the homeowner might send it back.

9. Perfect Lawn

Ok Cool, Thanks man

10. 6ofus

6ofus LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

Go to your county auditors web site and go to real estate property search, and then check address and enter the street name, and it will give you a list of the current names and address on that street. This doesn't cost you a penny. Also when you pick up new clients go to the same web site and go to public records and enter there name and you can screen them and see if they owe anyone money or foreclosed on there home or if they have any lawsuit's for nonpayment. I found this very helpful I had a client that had 7 entries for small claims and I #7 so now I check them out before I wast my time. Hope this helps.