Addressing post cards???

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Jon99, Feb 20, 2005.

1. Jon99

Jon99 LawnSite Senior Member

Buddy of mine works for a promotional company, for $100 he got me 2000 postcards and I agreed.. My plan is to basically keep these in my truck and if I drive by a new house, see someone moving in or just a house that looks like they need lawncare, just write out the addy and toss it in the mail.. Maybe even sending one to a each house in a small subdivision..

Is handwriting these professional enough?? Should I get labels??

2. Critical Care

Critical Care LawnSite Bronze Member

I run cards and envelopes through my printer. If you can do it this way, you'll be able to print your logo or slogan onto the cards as well as their address. Just set things up for one master card, save it, and then run it whenever you need to.

3. Groundcover Solutions

Groundcover Solutions LawnSite Bronze Member

Anything that is sent to a client or perspective client is run through the printer and on letter head or advertising material. I do not write hand written addresses at all. This way I can store the address in my computer for fuetor mailings. I will write notes on things such as advertising material just to make it look a little more personal.

4. ArizPestWeed

ArizPestWeed LawnSite Bronze Member

I can print 2,000 cards with my printer for $10.00 .
    I use a HP 1300.
    You neen a printer that can print on 67# paper.

I just had 30,000 done by a local printer for $780.00
    I had it jobbed out because of the volume

5. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

No more than what you are going to send out, I would just hand write them. I think it shows more personal touch than labels. I have some that I am going to use as a "thank you" card. After giving an estimate, I send one in the mail with a short thank you memo on it.

6. marko

marko LawnSite Senior Member

Walker, It will be easier to hand write them, but much more professional to print them out. How about a box of address labels that you can print one at a time? Go home from your day, print out your labels, mail them the next day.