1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

adhesive remover

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by stslawncare, Nov 17, 2001.

1. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

hey guys, i think this is the right forum for this. been in the process of restoring my tractor i guess u could call it. today i worked on removing the adhesive from the decals i took off, i used this chemical called "goo gone" i must say it does work good. there was quite a bit and by the time im done i will have used a about quarter of the container.

2. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

I agree. Goo Gone is a great product for removing sticky adhesives on surfaces. Does not remove finishes.
    You can purchase this product at Walmarts and other similar stores for only a couple of bucks.

3. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

only payed $3.99 for mine and it lasts .

4. 75

75 LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for the tip - back in the summer I de-lettered the boom truck that my work bought. I'd heard that WD-40 could be used to get the adhesive off, and it worked, but it took a lot of elbow grease.

Going to try some of that Goo-Gone next time!

5. keifer

keifer LawnSite Senior Member

Just my 2 cents but i used to have a buddy who did body work and he would take pinstripe and decals off with a hair dryer.