Adjustable Controls?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by drains, Nov 23, 2003.

1. drains

drains LawnSite Member

Are the steering levers on a ZTR adjustable to the point where you can rest your elbows on the armrests of the seat? It seems that, if they arent, fatigue would set in quickly and be unbearable in a short time. The pics I see on manufacturers websites always show the operator with thier arms almost level with thier chests and not resting on the armrests. I drive a piece of skid steer equipment at my full time job and if the controls werent low and close to my lap where I could rest them on my legs I would be very uncomfortable after a while. I really enjoy driving that little bugger, especially when the the tires get wet, cutting donuts on the cement is always in order ;)

2. Navig8r

Navig8r LawnSite Senior Member

I rest my elbows on the arm rests and use mainly just my fingertips for control...... both the armrests and the levers are adjustable on my Lazer.

3. icobob

icobob LawnSite Member
    from indiana

Sorry to dig this post up but I was doing a search and wanted to know if anyone has ever fabbed up their own set of adjustable handles. Mine has a far reach as well but Bad Boy wants like 160 or something for new ones.