adjustable dampeners

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by fergman, Jul 7, 2007.

1. fergman

fergman LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

will the new adjustable dampeners fit on my 06 31hp xs 60"ultracut. i would like to make the steering more sensitive.

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

fergman,

I'm working on getting you an accurate answer. I'm also checking on your question about dampeners on your 2005 XS as well. As soon as I know, you'll know.

Thanks,
    Casey

3. fergman

from VA

thank you so much for your help sir.

4. eXmark

Hello Fergman,

The new dampers (P/N 109-2339) are retro-fittable to your machine. The dampers themselves however are not adjustable, the adjustability of the dampers is actually in the motion control arms that they mount to. The motion control arms (P/N 109-3983 & 109-3980) are retrofittable as well, but as anybody on here that has ever changed one of those out would probably atest to, it's not a fun job. What you can do is just use a right angle drill and drill two extra holes in the current arm. In the end, the new damper does 80% of the improvement and the extra mounting points allow you to fine tune it.

I hope this helps. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact us again.

Thanks,
    Lenny

5. fergman

from VA

ok. so what is the 80% improvement of? more firm, sensitive? I know mainly what the dampeners are for and what they do but just what exactly is the difference between these new dampeners and the old ones?

thanks bud. sorry for all the questions.

6. eXmark

Sorry for the delay...

The two biggest differences in the new damper are overall feel and durability.

The original dampers would tend to develop a dead spot in the over time as you moved the handles from one direction to the other. This could make the unit feel jerky, especially when doing real tight maneuvering at low speeds.

That and the improved overall durability is what I meant by 80%.

I hope that helps.

Thanks,
    Lenny

7. fergman

from VA

good job lenny. if i were you i would get irritated if somebody asked me a question like that over the internet.:-] thanks for the reply bud

8. eXmark

I have 3 boys...I'm used to questions! Seriously though, we appreciate any opportunity we have to talk with you about our machines and/or industry.