Adjustable equipment racks?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by allstar, May 28, 2004.

1. allstar

allstar LawnSite Senior Member

I recently purchased a couple of cheap($69.95 each) trimmer racks at Lowe's and after I mounted them realized that there's no way to really secure the equipment.The equipment bounces around when I'm driving because the attachments aren't adjustable.I've already broken an on-off switch and a throttle control lever as a result.I tried taping pieces of foam rubber onto each attachment but it keeps coming off.Also,the racks are not all that rigid,which makes me a little nervous.
    I'm ready to invest in higher quality racks.What would be a better choice?Preferably,one with adjustable(diameter)attachments.Thanks.
  2. Littleriver1

Littleriver1 LawnSite Senior Member

3. gogetter

gogetter Banned

allstar, by chance do these racks resemble the ones from Green Touch?
    A "C" or sideways "U" that the trimmer sits in and a pin slides into a hole to hold it in place?

If so, perhaps you could cut new holes/slots so the pin could be put in closer/tighter to the trimmer handle?

Am I making sense? I believe Green Touch has 2 or 3 slots in thier racks so you can adjust how tight it is.

If yours aren't like Green Touchs' maybe you could post a pic and we could help you better.
  4. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Yes....TT's lock down the handle of your equipment to keep them from bouncing.
  5. matth

matth LawnSite Member

gridiron is fully ajustable too. I love mine, quick to unload too.