Adjustable trajectory-angle rotor heads

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Wet_Boots, May 25, 2006.

1. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

The recent mention of Safe-T-Lawn rotors has me wondering if anyone is using, or has tried, any of the adjustable-trajectory rotors made by Toro, or by any other manufacturer, if any such exist. I have a few of the older Toro V-1550 heads tucked away somewhere, untried. I'd rather work with more standard equipment, but wouldn't mind seeing heads with that sort of adjustability, if it could solve a problem that a separate low-angle nozzle couldn't deal with.
  2. bicmudpuppy

bicmudpuppy LawnSite Silver Member

Save those 1550's for your irrigation mosoleum boots. I had the misfortune to work on a couple of systems installed with "free" ones trying to get the guy to switch over. What a nightmare. They wiper seal (which they supposedly fixed) were terrible. Infinitely adjustable, but just as infinitely easy to screw up. If your not perfectly dialed in for the nozzle you want, you get a crappy pattern. The trajectory adjustment did work well though. Doesn't the "easy adjust" have a trajectory adjustment? I used a few of these (free case) several years ago. 3+ years in the ground as replacement rotors and I haven't replaced any of them yet. (phone will ring today though now that I said that). I didn't find them cost effective for the added features.
  3. 1550 = Pos
  4. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

I think the EZ-Adjust was replaced by something called the TR-50. Never saw either of them in operation.