Adjusting arc on Toro precision rotating nozzle

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by ArTurf, Aug 16, 2013.

1. ArTurf

ArTurf LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Ark

Bought some of these are are playing & testing them out. Says you can adust with tool or hand but I couldn't get the collar to turn by hand like it does on the toro video.

2. Cape Atlantic Landscaping

Cape Atlantic Landscaping LawnSite Member

I installed a zone with them about two months ago, customers were mesmerized. Now I sold the neighbor's a new system because the neighbors were so impressed. The adjustments on them were a little tedious but they look great. Toro has some nice new products like the precision sprays and rotors.

3. ArTurf

Male, from Ark

How did you adjust arc? I tried turning the collar with needle nose but it didn't seem to want give and I didn't want to force it. I tried the Precision sprays on a 10 x 40 area on a new install yesterday. Was going to try out the precision rotaters on a 20 x 100 area but couldn't get any responses from people who have used them so I went wit the proven MP's.

4. Cape Atlantic Landscaping

Cape Atlantic Landscaping LawnSite Member

I pre adjusted them the best I could up in the air before we installed them.
    the tool that was provided worked fine

5. vankeny

vankeny LawnSite Member

“Hello, there is a bit of a trick to adjusting the arc by hand. In the video (~2:00 point, http://youtu.be/5g5O-Knww5c), what is not visible is the engagement of the thumbnail, behind the nozzle, with the opposite hand. This will provide sufficient leverage to overcome the friction of the adjustment band.”

Hyok Lee ● Product Marketing Manager, Toro Residential and Commercial Irrigation
    5825 Jasmine St., Riverside, CA 92504 ● Ph: 951-785-3713 ● Fax: 951-359-1870

6. irritation

irritation LawnSite Gold Member

Nice place, are those green fields just west the testing grounds?

[​IMG]

7. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

You silly, that's area 51.

8. irritation

So that's who came up with Flo-Pro valves? I thought maybe the blackened areas were dumping grounds for returned products.

9. ArTurf

Male, from Ark

Just in case anyone's interested I am trying the Toro's out in an area with existing MP's. Part of the zone recieves much more sun and of course needs more water. I put 3 Toro's in the dry spot to see if it will help.

10. irritation

Can't wait to hear the results.:germanflag: Of course Kiril's answer is separate hydro zones, even if it means tripling the cost of the installation.