Adjusting seat safety?

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by Phishook, Oct 20, 2003.

1. Phishook

Phishook LawnSite Bronze Member

Is there a way to adjust the seat safety so it's not so sensitive?

I can tell the delay is working, but it's still cutting out on me. When coming to a stop, or slowing down the seat tilts forward just enough to make it seam like I fell off the seat.

Would raising the bolt under the seat solve this?

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Phishhook,

Thanks for the post. If you weight more than about 120-130 lbs. and it's giving you problems then there is something wrong. The seat switch should be positioned so that the actuator plate leaves about 1/8" gap between the plate and the switch body. Basically the switch plunger should be 1/8" from full compression. I'd check that before I begin making any changes.

Let me know what you find.

Thanks

Terry

3. Phishook

120# with my Carhearts on.

I've been running with my foot on the deck lift to keep the seat pushed down. It's kind of agrevating when I reach down to set the parking brake, to hear the engin cut out.

4. eXmark

Phishook,

There are only a couple of options. One would be start eating more fast food and laying on the couch watching more T.V. That oughta add a few pounds. Hey, it's worked for me. I can make the seat switch beg for mercy. This brings on some risks but everything does.

For the others you'll need to call me at 800-667-5296.

Thanks

Terry

5. Phishook

I've tried the eating thing, but either I have a verry high metabolism rate or a very healthy tape worm.

I'll call.

Chris

6. eXmark

Phishook,

Try putting a few hands full of sand in each pocket.

Give me a call there are some things you can do but we need to discuss it in some detail.

Thanks

Terry

7. Phishook

Terry,

Santa was lisening.

I got a soft ice cream maker, smore maker, pizza cooker, quesadilla maker, and a food vac. With any luck I'll be up to 130 by spring.

ps I tried the adjustments. Didn't help much. It was still cutting out when I slowed going down hill. But that was a month ago, I wont have it out untill April now.