Adjusting the PH in your dogs p*ss??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by gogetter, Jun 15, 2004.

1. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Alright, maybe a dumb question, but I see this ad in the trade magazines for a tablet that I guess you put in your dogs food and it adjusts the PH in their urine so it doesn't leave burn spots in the yard.

My nephew has two big dogs and wants to know if it really works.

Anyone know???

2. Palmer Lawn Care

Palmer Lawn Care LawnSite Member
    from Maine

I use stuff like that for my own dog, since I have been using it I have had no burn marks at all.

So I guess it works ;)

3. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Palmer, the ad I'm looking at calls it "Natures Select Greeen Grass Formula". Is this the same stuff you're using? Where are you getting it at?

I wonder if pet stores might carry it, or if he'll have to get it mail order from the ad.

Thanks for the input.

4. Gr grass n Hi tides

Gr grass n Hi tides LawnSite Bronze Member

On a similar note.......anyone know of a product to put on a lawn that will take out the dog piss smell? The situation is that some clients of mine moved away & they had 6 dogs. Small ones. Anyway the back yard was a frickin foul nasty whatever..............(charged them an extra $10 for the cut). My new client living there now has a daughter that brings her one dog down every now and then & he asked me if there was something that he could put in the yard because his daughter's dog walks around all weird smelling the old animals.

Any suggestions?

5. cincymower

cincymower LawnSite Member

It definitely works, most pet stores carry a variety of this type of product. I use Missing Link, it's a vitamin supplement that you sprinkle on the dog's food, looks like wheat germ. Costs me about $20/month, but it's also a vitamin supplement. I highly recommend it.

I have never heard of anything that will get the dog's scent out of the yard though.

6. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Platinum Member
    from zone 6

There is a thread in the fertilizer forum that covers this issue. Also says a tomato juice mix will help.

7. GreenMonster

GreenMonster LawnSite Silver Member
    from NH

How do I get my a-hole neighbor's dog to take the pill:confused:

8. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Platinum Member
    from zone 6

Stick it in a meat ball of raw hamburger and toss over the fence.

9. GreenMonster

GreenMonster LawnSite Silver Member
    from NH

There is no fence, otherwise, I wouldn't have to worry about where the neighbors dog was pissin!
    :mad:

10. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

Shoot the dog if it's in your yard.