Adv Price of Pruning

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Poncho25, May 23, 2006.

1. Poncho25

Poncho25 LawnSite Senior Member

is there a break down that you all use when putting together a proposal? In the proposals I have created, I want to add each service that I offer with a cost next to it, for example:

Pruning: Cost $_______________________
    All ornamental shrubs, bushes, etc will be pruned_______times during the mowing season to ensure a professionally maintained appearance.

Now I know that all shrubs etc can be dif in size, was wondering how to break this down. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. KINGjosh

KINGjosh LawnSite Senior Member

Nope! Plain and simple.

Very few, if any shrub jobs are similar.

If anything you could put a per hour rate, but you lose money that way. IMO

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

One price - all inclusive.
    Never au-la-carte (spelling)

Everything has an hour rate but the customer never knows that or what each service costs. all contracts are for full service
  4. Poncho25

Poncho25 LawnSite Senior Member

So you don't charge for Flower bed weed control, Tree limbs (if needed to be cut down)?
  5. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Small stuff like that is included in my grass-cutting service.

/////////////////////// Back to original thread

I agree with the person who said no two hedge trimming jobs are the same, so what you need to do is guesstimate your first few jobs as close as you can and then as you do more and more, you get better at pricing.

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

Where in my post did you read that, I stated that "everything" has a rate.
    Yes we get paid for everything, but it is all in the contract as a whole, not separated out. Of course tree work is not in contract as we do not do tree work. If the occasional branch falls down that is considered "casual debris" which we state in the contract that we pick up at each job, (and get paid for as we plan for it).
    We change out the dog poop stations - weed the beds- lawn care- mowing - seasonal plantings - leaves in fall - blow tennis courts off - clean out the grills as needed - pick up casual debris - hedge trimming. this is all figured in the price but the contract is still one price for all of it. price is for the year, lets say 62K / 12 equals 5165 per month each month, and the place looks good always, we just do whats needed, but we are getting paid.