Advanced chute system for stander

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GreenGrassEarnsCash, Jun 16, 2005.

1. GreenGrassEarnsCash

GreenGrassEarnsCash LawnSite Member

im planning on buying an ACS for my stander before i begin doing comercial accounts (Dont wanna break any windows) and i founf that they are on sale on Ebay for 199 dollars plus 10 bucks shipping. But there are 2 different ones. one is 199 and one is 209. the link is

If you guys will take a look and let me know which one i need to buy for my 17 hp 52 in stander. It is an 03 model. Thanks
  2. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

I have one and I hate it. I doesn't fit the standers well. My dealer hasn't gotten a chance to look at mine yet. But it keeps bending the bolt that lets the handles slide back and forth on the plate. Half the time the 25% open rock shaft doesn't engage or the plate that it rests on bends down. The handle is about 8 inches too short. You have to reach down to grab it to move it. Not easy on a hill, which is when you need to hold onto both controls. Plus when in the down position, you have to reach over the gas tank to reopen it. It need to be lengthened and have another bend put in it. And one last thing, it makes taking the deck cover off a complete B!+(#

Impact has one a loves it. If my dealer can't figure it out whats wrong, he said he would take it back. And if he takes it back I will be sending ACS a bill for welding up 4 holes I had to drill into my deck to mount it. ACS needs to go back to the drawing board.

Also I paid $185 for mine at the dealer. Plus tax. Stay away from Fleabay.
  3. Meg-Mo

Meg-Mo Inactive

GreenGrassEarnsCash, You would need a ULS for your Wright Stander and they are still $200 plus $10 shipping.
  4. GreenGrassEarnsCash

GreenGrassEarnsCash LawnSite Member

so is there any other ocdc's that fit the stander other than the ACS itsgottobegreen?
  5. Meg-Mo

Meg-Mo Inactive

Grease in the slide is all you need to make it work.
  6. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

I agree with what you said. Also, mine wants to flop closed. You can cure that problem by tightening the hinge bolts but when you do that its hard as hell to open. The real problem is that the handle is too far forward for most ztrs but on the ones where the handle is closer to the operator its fine. Grease in the slot is a band aide for the problem.
  7. lawnchopper

lawnchopper LawnSite Member

we have one for out 60" Lazer and i have to reach out too far to open or close it its a PITA if your doning it constantly. You really cant mulch with it cause the grass all shoots over to one side and when you open it you get a big poof of grass resulting in a giant clump.
    Would i buy it again??? ya problably cause its nice if you have to keep grass off something and will save on blowing.
  8. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

Yea the new one that I will design and build with in the next week or so.

ACS a bill will be sent shortly for the welding the holes up in my deck that I had to drill to mount it.

The grease only made it worse.