Advanced Chute System OCDC

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by FERT-TEK, Apr 1, 2005.

1. FERT-TEK

FERT-TEK LawnSite Bronze Member

Looking for pictures and opinions from anyone who has one mounted on a Toro Z-500. I am more interested in the pictures of how it mounts on the discharge opening and where the handle is in relation to the operator. Is it easily reached? Do you have to lean way forward to operate it, or is the handle near the operator? I e-mailed ACS and this was there reply....

"I do not have any pictures of the z500. What inch cut is it. The handle will be toward the front of the discharge area. "

As you can see their reply wasn't descriptive enough. If it is toward the front of the spindle area that tells me you will have to reach over the machine quite a bit to operate the handle. I was also disappointed in the fact that they didn't offer to get pictures for me since they are the ones selling it. Any help from LS would be greatly appreciated.

2. FERT-TEK

Bump, does anyone use one of these on a Toro Z-500?

3. Lazerj

Lazerj LawnSite Member

Try the ezchute website. They make ocdc and striping rollers for toros.

4. green814

green814 LawnSite Member

Ezchute does not make a ocdc for Toro's, only stripers. I have also been looking for an ocdc for a z557. I haven't been able to get any "good" pictures either, so I have started making my own. Good luck, I hope you get the pics your after.
    Chris

5. FERT-TEK

Green here is a link to help you make a striping kit like the one that Big League Lawns sells, hope it helps
    http://www.easternmarine.com/em_store/rollers/

6. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

Dave, imagine the handle almost evenly split by the discharge chute. It's slightly curved, and is about 26" long. You should have no problem reaching it comfortably from a Toro Z. I just put one on my Stander a few weeks ago, and I can reach it OK from the operator position, so I know on a Z, it should be great.

7. green814

green814 LawnSite Member

FLC Dave,
    Thank you, but I was talking about an ocdc, not a striper.
    Chris

8. Qwikchute

Qwikchute LawnSite Member

FLC Dave GTM Manufacturing has an OCDC to fit the toro units it is called the Qwikchute. You can see it at www.qwikchute.com. The handle is in an easy place to reach. Check it out.
    Dale