Advantage Of Running Doubles ?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mowman, Jul 7, 2001.

1. Mowman

Mowman LawnSite Senior Member

I did a search on running double blades but could not get question answered. By running double blades what is your purpose for doing it? Is it to help cut down on double cutting lawns? Or what is YOUR reason for running them. I'm thinking of buying a new 52" Walker deck and you can run doubles on it, I'm just curious of the advantages of doing so. Thanks for your input. Tell me DOUBLE BLADE DUDE, why do you do it?

Mowman

2. Mark

Mark LawnSite Senior Member

Ive been running doubles for two yrs on my 9yr old Snapper 52" walkbehind and it sure does a great job. It also stripes very well with no chains or kits. Also the grass is cut into very tiny pieces and falls down into the cut, But when its wet maybe drizzling, Doubles with gators dont pitch or throw very good so i use reg-blade doubles when wet. But my lawns sure tell the story. I had a supervisor of Mac Donalds golf course stop and ask me if i had rollers on my walkbehind when i was doing some apts. I told him just running double blades and he was very impressed with my work. If your at the Expo Ill show you some pics on some lawns they look like Erics lawns. Thanks to Eric and his knowledge on this subject. But try doubles and see for your self the amazing diff. Marks Mowing Service

3. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

Basically, I use them for the reasons that Mark gave. I pretty much cover all this on my double blade page on my website. Have you looked at it?

4. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

I run them in heavy growth,and spring and fall for the same reasons Marks mentioned.The doubles have twice the lift,so the grass is cut very clean,and the extra cutting edge recuts clippings,making them much finer,so they fall into the grass,not lay on top of it.

5. Sammy

Sammy LawnSite Bronze Member

And they dust leaves real good also ! :)