Advantage of Walk-Behind?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GreenStreet, Aug 21, 2013.

1. echo

echo LawnSite Bronze Member

Sounds like he just needs a velke.

2. macgyver_GA

macgyver_GA LawnSite Senior Member

That's crazy. I started running a sulky on mine when I hit about 10 lawns a week lol.

3. KODAKMOWING99

KODAKMOWING99 LawnSite Member

walk are a necessity in east mtns, lots of hills here but couldn't imagine mowing 3 to 4 acre lawns with just a walkbehind,kinda crazy and time comsuming.i use a 48" wb,52 zeroturn gravely and a 60" don't usually keep the 52" on trailer everday.I do not use a push mower at all don't own one in 5 years full time,never needed one.

4. Big Dog Diablo

Big Dog Diablo LawnSite Senior Member

I went from a ferris to a snapper walkbehind and love it. Only time I use it is in ditches, small yard and steep hills. Its a SW30 52' hydro. There is no way I would attempt to do lawncare without having one.

5. LifeBack Lawns

LifeBack Lawns LawnSite Member

I ran the 21'' 52'' combo for a couple months. The cheap 21'' was horrible and not meeting my standards. I bought a 36'' metro for DIRT cheap! You don't even want to know and how much I only have in it. The results leave me smiling every time I finish. Oh an backyards are not a problem now and completed with a stripe 2x as fast. I used to be diehard only one brand, but with this economy it has made me say whatever produces the best cut for what we can afford and reliable with a QOC