Advantages of a backpack blower?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by RyanA97, May 25, 2013.

1. redmax fan

redmax fan LawnSite Bronze Member

and a huge advantage is the power to blow all the clumped up and heavy clippings left on long wet lawns apart so they don't look terrible plus kill off grass underneath them . I cant imagine the mess our lawns would be in here in wet spring Michigan wether if we didn't have backies to blow clippings with

2. redmax fan

redmax fan LawnSite Bronze Member

and when truck gets dirty open both doors . get on one side and blow all the dirt n dust out the other door ;-)

also get on roof and blow gutters out in fall . I put an extra length of tube on mine so it reaches right down to gutter without me having to dangerously at times bend forward to reach gutter

can also get on a bike and point blower behind you and itll make bike ride faster , lol

3. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

Redmax Fan-

If you haven't ran either the 7500 or 8500, you should. They both outperform anything you've run of Redmax's up until now. Both of them will. I have the Husky 570 BTS and have owned it since it first came out in late '11. It is the same blower as the 7500, but has much better shoulder straps and a few other niceties. It is lighter than the 8500 and performance on real world debris is so close that there's nothing between them, yet the 570 is lighter and uses less fuel.

4. unit28

unit28 LawnSite Bronze Member

do you think you could handle a BP blower? with what some of these guys are describeing, going from a cheap craftsman handheld to one of the monster BP's, be prepared to get knocked off your feet. You might want to invest in a helmet....or a better handheld.

5. jakes mowing

jakes mowing LawnSite Senior Member

get the br600..i have one and love it! its the best all around blower in my opinion. its not to big for just blowing grass clippings off driveways, sidewalks etc. and its not to small for leaf clean ups. its the perfect all around blower. and the valves only have to be adjusted once and its after 150 hours i think, then you're good to go.

6. rbljack

rbljack LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

x2... I agree with this. Loving mine so far. Another thing I discovered it can do it this;

Some yards here are full of gravel or rock instead of grass. the backpack can be used to blow the debris right out of the rocks and gravel. Sticks, leaves, etc all come out and clean up the gravel a lot. It just takes a bit of patience to hit the right amount of power to not lift the gravel.

7. Greg78

Greg78 LawnSite Silver Member

Couldn't agree more. Here I don't do any leaf clean-ups. I'm only blowing off the edges of driveways, walkways and I make a quick walk around the house. Our drives are so small around here I can have them blown off with my handheld before I could even remove the backpack from the rack, start it and then put it on so my backpacks have been sitting now for a good couple of years.

I see some guys when they are servicing a property and the drive, walk and the road are covered in clippings, I just don't understand how the heck they do that? When I'm done mowing and trimming there is very little clippings on hard surfaces which saves me clean-up time.

If your doing extended blowing or have lots of material to move then a backpack is for you.

8. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

dont buy a sthil br600 if its your only blower. unreliable and short life

9. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

According to you, but there are a lot of happy BR 600 owners out there. I'll throw out another vote for a BR 600 Mag.