advantages of a web site

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by bohiaa, Jul 7, 2007.

1. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

Hay all:

I was thinking about getting a site, but to be honest I really cant see any advantage to it.
    Before slamming me, remember that I live in the country, I service 2 towns,
    my town has a pop of 3400, the other town is Brenham Texas, <- where Blue Bell ice cream is made, there a little larger, maybe 5000.

thanks

2. FyrFyt

FyrFyt LawnSite Member

To be honest, you need to look at your demographics. If most people there enjoy the simple life and do not use the computer much (except for their MySpace kids), they may respond better to flyers and print ads.

On the flip side. Web sites now days do not cost much at all and you can plop your address on your advertisements.

3. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

yea this is what I was thinking, We do have a couminuty web site that I posted an ad with pics, I also posted an as for help, seems that I have only 1 call from that, Guess I need to do research to see if it would be worth my time and effort,

I have a few customers that when they pay I notice the postmark is comming outta Houston, " it's about 2 hrs away" so I'm assume they are at work.
    I have read about some people making there web site where customers can pay there, seems like a lot of hassle for me anyway.

thanks

4. M.C.L.C.

M.C.L.C. LawnSite Member

Check out our website, we get quite a bit of business off of it, but then again we live in a slightly more populated area.

5. LCPullman

LCPullman LawnSite Senior Member

I have a website, but it is not really for advertising the lawn maintainence part of our business. Our lawn maintainence business comes mostly from referals, and some from yellow pages.

6. mdvaden

mdvaden LawnSite Bronze Member

If I were in your area, I'd do one anyway, even if I got just one customer per year - if nothing else, just to tap your community into the resources of the internet.

These days, I think any city that has internet routed to it, may as well have every business with a website, even if its just a single web page.

7. packer101

packer101 LawnSite Member

our website seems to be helpful.... gives a good overview of what we do.... provides a way for customers to research on there own with out actually calling and setting anything up.

8. befnme

befnme LawnSite Bronze Member

our site generates a little bit of traffic. but it is mostly for payment conveinience for customers. it does however specify what we are all about. also it is not just having the site, it also includes hosting the site and listing the site. you have to remember there are thousands of lawn based websites out there.

9. duncan

duncan LawnSite Member