1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Adverstising Budget!

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by JRSlawn, Jan 15, 2007.

1. JRSlawn

JRSlawn LawnSite Senior Member

Hey what are you guys budgeting this year for advertising. I am putting some number together for our direct mail, cold calling and maybe a few tv commercials and wanted to see what everyone one else is looking at. In the past we really didn't do much for the residential market we stayed mainly commercial and took a few residentials on but only by work of mouth. We are looking to grow our business this year (mainly residential market)with that being said we don't have a unlimited budget. :confused:
  2. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

30,000 or so.
  3. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

$3,300 for 3 direct mailers.
  4. JRSlawn

Mrusk are you serious? That is allot of money. How do you devide it up? (like how much on direct mail and how much for phone book etc.) I am thinking closer to 5,000 with 3 direct mails targeting 5,000 customers new web site and smoe other odds and ends. I still have some doorhangers left from last year.
  5. RyanD

RyanD LawnSite Member

$600 for classifieds
  6. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

We have figured on 10% for this year. :)
  7. JRSlawn

Paponte is that 10% of what you made last year or 10% of how much you plan on making this year?
  8. mrusk

Spending 30k is depended on my first 10k paying off. Most likely break down is 6k homes shows, 15k direct mail, 1k website, 1.5k vehicle lettering, last 6.5k on misc ads in different publication and maybe more direct mail if i need it.

30k isn't that much. I am shooting for atleast 600k. So i shouldn't be more than 5% of gross.
  9. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

Dammit man!!! Must be nice! Can't wait to get to that point. Congrats on your success.
  10. mrusk

grits i am not succesfull yet. What i am doing is trying to grow my business by a large percent. I am stricly 100% construction. Pools, pavers, and retaining walls.