advertise it worked for me

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by danielmorvant, Apr 13, 2007.

1. danielmorvant

danielmorvant LawnSite Member

#1 purcase cheep fax machine #2 look in yellowpages under realestate agency and call each getting there fax numbers. #3 send youre company information. Ive got alot of work this way and im currently mowing for two major realeators on a full time basis. Also picked up several new homeowners Hope this helps some new comers.

2. NMS0219

NMS0219 LawnSite Senior Member

It is against the federal do not call list law to send out unsolicited faxing. If someone reports you YOU will be fined $2,000 PER fax. I dont know about you but that could get expensive fast.

3. danielmorvant

danielmorvant LawnSite Member

i talked to the managers first and ased if i could fax information

4. NMS0219

Thats good that you did that because if you dont the gov will hang you.

5. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

how is sending a fax any different then just sending them a letter by postal mail?

6. NMS0219

It has something to do with some part of the do not call list the gov set up. I beleive it is because a phone is used. Their was an article on it in GIE snow Magazine febuary 07 issue. I also looked it up online and it is illegal.

7. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

How many businesses get charged for this each year? I would be more worried about the loser real estate agent trying to screw you like they always do.

8. NMS0219

All it takes is one up tight azz to call and complain then its who do i write the check out to. yea I have to agree with you about the "loser" real estate agents. 99% of them are dirt balls

9. Bustus

Bustus LawnSite Member

What types of work do they give you? Do they pass on foreclosures and power of sales for you to maintain until sold?

10. Mr. Vern

Mr. Vern LawnSite Senior Member

The difference is that THEY pay for the paper and the ink. With convential mail and email, there is no charge to the recipient.