Advertise now?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Doogiegh, Nov 10, 2001.

1. You may feel free to copy the pics I have provided here to your equipment website. Once any photos are posted on the internet they pretty much become public domain.

2. Doogiegh

Doogiegh LawnSite Senior Member

Exactly my point.. I want to continue sitting behind my desk Monday through Friday, but on Saturday I want to be able to add a day of good work to the routine to make some extra cash.. And since this is my part time, side job that I'll take seriously since I know it has alot of potential.. that's great for me. But I'm not going to go out and buy a $8500 dixie chopper ztr so I can be competitive with the big boys when the lawns I'm looking to cut are very small local neighborhood lawns that could be mowed with a walking 21", much less a 30" rider..

I just have to work on the target advertising and get some customers going.. Getting the first phone calls to get the first job is the roughest part so far.

Gary

3. Prasino

Prasino LawnSite Member

If you wanted to buy a nice Wb but didnt want to spend alot on a new one, you can pick up a wantad press and find a nice piece of used equipment that may not had alot of use. I purchased a brand new 36in, but my 48in bobcat was found in the wantadpress. The machine had about 500 hrs on it, and i bought it for a $1000. The only repair i did was new belts. I would not buy a used trimmer, or backpack blower becasue they are usually ran until they are dead, and always abused. There are great deals out there, and you dont have to go spend $10,000 on new equipment to cut 5 accounts that make you 200 bucks a week.

Good luck
    Fellow New jerzyian
    Paul

4. Guido

Guido LawnSite Silver Member

They're also on my site.

5. groundsguy1970

groundsguy1970 Banned

5 accounts @ $200 a week will leave me wanting a life ring!

6. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

i dont know bob, to each his own i guess. ive been working for someone else for 18 miserable years, got a good trade, pay is good, work is gravy. BUT, ive been running my lawn service part time for 7 yrs now, and am looking forward to being full time within 2 years. i see it as very do able. im tired of being at the mercy of my employer, being paid by the hour, told when i can take off, or when i have to work overtime, and dealing with coworkers behavior disorders, worst part though is knowing that i am paid by the hour and the only way to make more money, is to work more hours. still have plenty to learn, but it wont be long till i put a big sign where my parking spot was, it says, I QUIT!!!by the way, what part of jersey r u guys from?

7. bobbygedd

from NJ

Post deleted for violation of posting guidelines.

8. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

9. bobbygedd

from NJ

10. Prasino

Prasino LawnSite Member

iIm in north arlington nj, 5min away from giants stadium. How aout you?