Advertise uniformed and english speaking employees?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by HazellLawnCare, Jan 15, 2008.

1. HazellLawnCare

HazellLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

I am working on some new marketing materials and I was curious if I should include in them that all of my employees are uniformed english speaking employees? Some of the larger companies in my area how a lot of spanish help and the others can have some pretty rough crews.

2. richallseasons

richallseasons LawnSite Senior Member

That does not sound like a good idea to me, but its just my opinion.

3. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

Most definitely!!

Whenever I get a new client after we have serviced them a few times I make it a point to call them and see if they are happy with our service. They always go on and on about how nice it is to be able to communicate with the crew and that they get what is important to them done as opposed to the endless blowing, the shoulder shrug and the no habla.

Be sure you find a way to get it into your help wanted add too. It will make a big difference in the quality of your applicants.

4. Flow Control

Flow Control LawnSite Bronze Member

If that makes you different from your competition then I would try it.

5. Mrs. H

Mrs. H LawnSite Senior Member

David said that if we were in a larger city he thinks it would be a good idea. Especially, if like ICS said, if it sets you apart.

6. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

I would give it a try. It's not like you're saying, "We don't hire Mexicans". You are simply saying that your crew speaks English. Nothing wrong with that.

7. grassmanak

grassmanak LawnSite Senior Member

it sounds like a good idea, i know how mad i get when i am trying to talk to someone who doesnt understand you and you cant understand them. but then again, some people might take it as a low blow to others.

8. Gatewayuser

Gatewayuser LawnSite Bronze Member

haha bad bad bad idea!!! If you do that you WILL get attention but it will not be the kind you want! We had a guy here that put a sign up about Hispanics and he got sued and put on the news for being a "racist" business owner.

Now on the other hand, yes, advertise that you wear uniforms but come on advertise quality. You should sell your work and service not the fact you employ Americans only.

I wonder if your having to advertise that then its possible you may have some company issues to tend to.

P.S. I don't employ any Hispanics but have 4 employees.

9. HazellLawnCare

HazellLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

Gateway you are out of line bud. I am by no means racist, trust me. I have customers tell me that they love the fact that all of my employees speak english. I never said anything bad about Hispanics did I? I will hire a Hispanic guy IF he can speak english. I don't want anyone on my staff that I personally can't comunicate with.

10. Gatewayuser

Gatewayuser LawnSite Bronze Member

Ahhh you may not be racist but you WILL come off like that. I'm just telling you my views on it. I have customers tell me the same thing. Just be careful trust me you will be better off not saying that in advertisements.